Celebrating all our volunteers
The u3a is run by volunteers. Without their enthusiastic efforts u3a simply wouldn’t exist. Have a look at this link for more information.
1. Castle Howard Room Guides
Castle Howard is looking for room guides for 2022. If you are available and are interested, please get in touch – details below.
– Learning about the history of the house and sharing stories of the family, collection and building (full training is provided)
– Being able to give a warm welcome to visitors from all over the world
– Making friends with like minded people
– Willing to start at 10 / 10.30 and then finishing in the early afternoon (dependent on your availability – there are shifts to suit your timings!)
– Opportunities to build your confidence and skills to add to a CV
– Reimbursed travel expenses (up to 40 miles round trip).
– Coming along to an informal info session to see if volunteering with us is something you would enjoy.
More details about this opportunity are available on the Castle Howard website at: https://www.castlehoward.co.uk/get-involved/volunteer
Alternatively, please do email email@example.com and we would love to arrange to have a chat with you.
2. Female volunteer subjects Requested for a Knee Osteoarthritis Research Programme
If you meet the criteria below, Please volunteer to take part in this important research programme at Leeds Beckett University.
3. Become an Alzheimer’s Research UK Volunteer Fundraiser
Alzheimer’s Research UK needs you to join our army of volunteers across the Yorkshire region, helping to raise vital funds and awareness for dementia research.
Our fabulous Fundraising Groups help us reach further into local communities and act as on-the-ground ambassadors for Alzheimer’s Research UK.
We need enthusiastic volunteers to be part of our new and exciting Wetherby & District Fundraising Group and help with a wide range of volunteering roles within the group.
The groups organise local events such as coffee mornings, concerts and supermarket collections, plus they place and maintain collecting tins in local shops, raise awareness locally through encouraging businesses, clubs, community groups, schools and other individuals to support the charity too!
If you don’t live in Wetherby but would like to be part of a Fundraising Group in your local area please do get in touch as we are hoping to set up new Fundraising Groups across Yorkshire and we’d be delighted to hear from you.
Dementia is our greatest medical challenge and today there are no survivors. But research can change that.
Our scientists are already making incredible discoveries and with your support, we can turn those discoveries into life-changing preventions and treatments.
With you and our Fundraising Groups by our side, we can make breakthroughs possible.
For more information on getting involved with the Wetherby & District Fundraising Group or helping with a local Fundraising Group in your area, please contact your local Regional Fundraising Officer, Claire Priestwood, by calling 07799 902428 or email Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Volunteering Opportunities at Tadcaster Swimming Pool
Any of our U3A members who have visited Tadcaster Swimming Pool will know that it is an excellent local resource, providing exercise and pool facilities for all ages. Many hundreds of children learn to swim here each year.
The pool is not operated by a local authority but by Tadcaster Community Swimming Pool Trust, a registered charity. In addition to full time staff, the pool has a number of volunteers who assist in the daily operations of the facilities.
Additional volunteers are needed to help out in various functions, so if you can spare just a few hours a week in any of the following, the pool would like to hear from you.
– Reception/cash desk, Maintenance (electrical/plumbing/handyman)
Volunteers benefit from use of the facilities at very low cost.
To find out more please contact Chris Porter on 01937 833001 or email him at … email@example.com